Monday, August 4, 2014

Is It Arrogant To Tell Other Christians To Imitate Your Example?

Aug 04, 2014 | Trevin Wax    http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevinwax/
 
WOW, that's a pretty tall order, not sure I'm up for people imitating me...but according to Scripture Paul encouraged others to do that many times.  What do I need to change in my life before I could say that?  Would I need to be perfect?  Paul wasn't!    Would I need to add a caveat...follow me only in as much as I follow Christ?---I sure hope so!
 
This article gave much food for thought...
"The call to imitation is predicated on the fact that Paul’s life was “in Christ (1 Cor. 11:1).” He was worthy of imitation to the extent that Paul’s life reflected the work of Christ in his heart. Imitation is a gift of God’s grace and not another task on a person’s religious to-do list.
 
He also makes a great point that you can't impact others lives by imitation unless you are willing to spend time with them.
 
Lord, help me to live life in a way that I can say, follow me as I follow Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment