Saturday, April 26, 2014

Choosing What to Read

"While you may be devoting your time to be “well read” among the gigantic list of dead people there is, in addition, at least one book coming out every week that you really should read. I occasionally have a desire to give up. Throw my arms up in the air and simply transfer all my hard fought reading time over to Netflix. To stop reading and start binging on endless seasons of Netflix offerings. My disease, however, prevents me from giving up. I find I’m a better father, husband, friend and leader when I keep my nose consistently in good books.
Harry S. Truman is known for saying, “Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.” Why all this focus on reading? Well, in an age of non-stop book releases it is more challenging than ever to know what books to read. You can devote 8 hours a day to reading worthless books and you will never run out."
Tim Kimberely (http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2014/04/the-intolerance-of-tolerance/)

I read another quote this week, something like, for every book you choose to read....10,000 other go unread.

No comments:

Post a Comment